Activity 1 - Bugs
- Take a moment to think of a difficult programming bug that you encountered.
- Write down what that bug was in this piazza thread, and try to classify it.
- Was it a correctness bug? A performance bug (algorithmic or systems related)?
- What language were you writing the source code in?
- How did you approach fixing the problem (That is--if it is fixed!)
- How did you approach fixing the bug?
Activity 2 - Introduction to C Programming
- For this activity we are going to compile some C programs.
- This may be a refresher for some students, but new to others.
- I will show how to SSH into the servers to do our programming (ssh firstname.lastname@example.org).
- I will also show how to get assignment 1 so you can begin the homework early if you like.
Note that in-class activities are part of your participation grade, and participating will help you perform well on your assignments. You do not have to formally submit anything.